Terms and Conditions
NOTE: CGC Design stands for CGC Design, CGC and C.G.Computers as they are all part of the same company.
By purchasing a product or logging into your account you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
In these Conditions, the following expressions will have the following meanings, unless inconsistent with the context:
- Agreement – the agreement between CGC Design and the Customer for the provision of Services formed by these Terms.
- Associated Company – in respect of either party, a subsidiary or holding company of that party or any subsidiary of such holding company and the terms “subsidiary” and “holding company” will have the meanings given to them by section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- Business Day – a day which is not a Saturday or Sunday or public or bank holiday in England and Wales
- Business Hours – 8 am to 5 pm on each Business Day
- Cancelled – The service that was purchased or provided to the Client will be cancelled after 28 days of suspension. All data included emails, website and subscriptions will be permanently deleted from the server.
- Client Materials – data, text, images, graphics, videos, logos and other content and material, hardware or equipment provided by the Client in connection with the Agreement for use by CGC Design in providing a Service.
- Conditions – these conditions to be read in conjunction with the Order Confirmation.
- Continuous Payment Authorities – A CPA agreement is not a Direct Debit. A CPA is a regular payment that You arrange which authorises CGC Design to take payment from your debit, credit card or PayPal account. It is not an agreement with your bank or card company.
- Customer – You are a customer if you are a business or an individual registering, using or planning to use the domain for any purpose.
- Email Storage Limit – CGC Design shall provide to the Customer 1GB to 10GB of Email Storage under the Agreement for the duration of 12 months. The Customer may at their sole discretion purchase additional Email Storage up to the maximum capacity of 10GB per mailbox.
- Local – Within 30 miles of Guisborough.
- Non-profit Group – A registered charity or non-profit group with no business ties. No advertising, sponsorship or promotions are allowed without written permission. Local Non-profit Group Hosting is applied for, at the discretion of CGC Design and may be cancelled at any time. No advertising, sponsorship or promotions are allowed without written permission.
- Personal Account – An account or hosting for an individual with no business ties or intentions. No advertising, sponsorship or promotions are allowed without written permission.
- Registered Account Holder – You are the Registered Account Holder if you have purchased a service from CGC Design for yourself, for a Company or otherwise and control the management of the services. You may grant CGC Design the permission to store your registered card details for future payments or otherwise. You have the permission to purchase or cancel the Service(s) or any additional Service(s) that you have purchased.
- Suspension – The service that was purchased or provided to the Client will be suspended and no longer accessible to the Client, prohibiting access to the Client’s email, hosting or any other subscription, till renewed. A suspension is a maximum of 28 days and then it will automatically cancel the subscription.
- Support Hours – the hours 8 am to 5 pm on each Business Day during which CGC Design will provide the Support Services, as set out on a relevant Order Confirmation.
- Third Party Software – any software identified as third-party software (if any) to be provided to the Client pursuant to the Agreement, as set out in a relevant Order Confirmation.
- Un-Suspension – CGC Design will un-suspend the Client’s account to grant full access within the 28 day period of suspending the account, or on the 28th day if subscriptions have been renewed.
Terms and Conditions
- The quotation provided by CGC Design will be for any specific agreed work. Should additional work be required this will be requested in writing by the client and quoted for separately.
- Once the client has agreed that work can commence, a payment equal to 20% of the quoted price will be required. Fees below £250 may require full payment in advance. Any outstanding payments must be made upon project completion.
- CGC Design reserves the right to terminate a contract at any time if it is deemed that the website content is illegal, unethical or immoral.
- The client is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and content of their information.
- It will be assumed that all content supplied is either copyright of the client or copyright free. CGC Design will not accept responsibility for copyright issues caused by improper use of the material.
- Where content is to be supplied by the client this must be undertaken within a reasonable timeframe, to be agreed with CGC Design at the commencement of the contract. Failure to achieve this target may result in additional charges being applied and impact upon our ability to deliver a service.
- One year support and SEO contracts arranged with CGC Design will require 50% upfront payment and the remaining 50% due after 6 months. Specific terms and conditions of any support contract will be dependent upon the client’s requirements.
Domains, Hosting and Advertising
- The information provided this Website and others we host is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and you should seek appropriate independent advice.
- CGC Design will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to hosted websites, but access to websites may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- CGC Design assumes no responsibility for the content of any other websites to which the hosted websites have links to.
- The client is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and content of their information is correct. CGC Design reserves the right to terminate a contract at any time if it is deemed that the website content is illegal, unethical, immoral or incorrect.
- The copyright of the material contained in hosted websites, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software (including applets) belongs to CGC Design or the providers of such information. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without our written permission. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
- Product and company names mentioned on this website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- CGC Design uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on hosted websites is accurate and corrects any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. CGC Design does not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Websites and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, CGC Design disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on ant websites. CGC Design does not guarantee that the Websites will be fault free and neither will accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the websites, any liability CGC Design may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the websites, or from any use of the websites or reliance on the data transmitted using the websites, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall CGC Design be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the websites, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- CGC Design does not give any warranty that the Websites are free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- You may obtain services from the organisation following your use of hosted websites. CGC Design does not accept any liability for any such services. Any services are provided by the organisation over whom CGC Design has no control and you should satisfy yourself that you wish to purchase their services before contracting with the organisation. The organisation’s standard terms and conditions are in their engagement letter which should be provided to you by the organisation and you should check that you agree to those terms and conditions before ordering any services and goods.
- On registering with this Website, you are issued with a username and password which must be used in order to access certain restricted parts of the website. The username and password are personal to you and are not transferable.
- Your name and password are the methods used by CGC Design to identify you and so are very important. You are responsible for all information posted on the websites by anyone using your username and password and any payments due for services accessed through the websites by anyone using your username and password. Any breach of security of a username and password should be notified to CGC Design immediately.
- CGC Design is committed to protecting your privacy. CGC Design will collect and use information supplied by you and other users of the websites to improve the websites and personalise your experience when you visit the websites. CGC Design may also use it to tell you about changes in our services or about features CGC Design thinks you’ll find interesting. CGC Design does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. CGC Design may share the information with the organisation. By registering with CGC Design, you are deemed to have consented to use of personal information for these purposes. However, you can tell CGC Design not to deal with your personal information in these ways in the future by simply send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 CGC Design follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given CGC Design, to prevent unauthorised access.
- You may edit your personal information at any time.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- CGC Design may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on this Website. Any modifications shall take effect 3 days after posting on this Website.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prices, Payment and Cancellation
- CGC Design reserves the right to change or withdraw prices for the products or services it offers for sale without prior notice. If CGC Design price for any product or service is increased, the price in effect prior to the increase will apply to orders received prior to the effective date.
- Prices are in Sterling Pounds unless otherwise specified.
- CGC Design is not VAT registered.
- Unless otherwise specified by CGC Design in writing, all taxes and other charges imposed by federal, state, local, or foreign governments on the manufacture, sale, shipment, import, export, or use of the products or services shall be added to the price and billed to and paid by Buyer. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless CGC Design from and against all liabilities for such taxes or charges and attorneys’ fees or costs incurred by CGC Design in connection therewith.
- In the event that there is a pricing error on the website then CGC Design will not be bound to honour any orders made at that price. You will be notified immediately that this is the case and CGC Design will not be held liable.
- CGC uses PayPal and Square as secure payment gateways. Please click here for PayPal’s Terms and Conditions, it’s at the bottom of the website under legal. Please click here for Squares Terms and Conditions, it’s at the bottom of the website.
- All subscriptions are a 1-year contract unless specified different, cancellation can be done at any time but if paying monthly you will be responsible for the rest of your contract. The renewal date is available in your account. All subscriptions automatically renew unless you have cancelled them.
- Special order items and Domain Names are non-refundable.
- Hosting, Self-build, Advertising and SEO subscriptions have a 14 day cooling off period from the day they are ordered. To cancel within 14 days you need to email email@example.com and request the item to be cancelled and refunded. It can take 14 days to get your refund.
- All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in these terms and conditions shall survive termination of your access to either of the Websites for any reason.