NOTE: CGC Design stands for CGC Design, CGC and C.G.Computers as they are all part of the same company.
- CGC Design is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. CGC Design may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
GDPR – May 2018
What Data Do We Hold?
CGC Design keeps all emails that have been sent and received as long as they don’t include financial details or passwords, these are deleted once the requested job is completed, usually within 48 hours. CGC Design keeps a copy of all website content which is supplied during the building, design and maintenance of the customer’s website. A copy of all images and design work is also kept. CGC Designs server has the customers website, emails and registration details for the registered domain. The website holds login details for anyone who is registered with the website, all passwords are encrypted. Login details are the user’s name, email address and password.
What Do We Use The Data For?
The emails that have been sent to CGC Design are kept as a record of the work undertaken by CGC Design. Also, they are often used for upgrade and modifying a customers website. A copy of the website contents and design are kept to undertake future changes to the website, but also as a backup for the server if there was ever a failure. Customers website and emails are stored on our server as customers use IMAP servers that allow the emails to sync between a number of devices as well as having an up to date backup. The website needs to be stored on a server to be viewed online.
Where Do We Store The Data? Is This Secure?
CGC Design has two areas where it stores customer’s data. CGC Designs website design is stored on a secure drive at CGC Designs office. The hard drive has a password and is locked away at all times. CGC Design has a number of computers, laptops and devices and these have a password on them. The work computer and laptop are the only devices to have access to customers work. The network that CGC Design uses is secure with passwords and a firewall. CGC Designs emails are stored on our server using SSL and again the devices that access them have passwords. Websites and emails are stored on our server. Our server is maintained and managed by 20i. 20i are a hosting company based in Nottingham which specialises in hosting and Internet security, below is their website for more information. Hosting and Emails have SSL certificate. All passwords are encrypted and can’t be seen by 20i, CGC Design or the customer, but they update the password if required.
How Long Do We Keep Data For?
Data is kept as long as the customer is using CGC Design unless the website has been totally changed or the customer has requested the data to be deleted. Emails are deleted when they are two years old unless they are going to be needed at a later date. Emails are deleted when a customer leaves CGC Design unless there are copyright reasons to keep them and then the customer will be notified. Data on the website/website design is kept until the customer deletes it, cancels their website or CGC Design is requested to remove their website or information.
Do We Need To Store It This Long?
Yes, past work is often accessed when making changes to the website and without this data, CGC Design would have to recreate design and content taking time and increasing costs.
Does Anyone Else Have Access To Our Data Or Our Equipment?
Only Chris and Lyndsey Gill have access to the data stored in the office. Only Chris Gill, the customer and 20i have access to the server, but all passwords are encrypted and cannot be viewed. Domain registration has a name, contact details and business details and these can be accessed by anyone at the moment, but Nominet is looking to change this.
Do We Share Data With Anyone – If So Who?
CGC Design doesn’t share any personal or business information, data or photos unless it is published on the customer’s website and then is it shared with restricted users or everyone.
- Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by other websites who serve up content on that site (‘third party cookies’).
- Cookies are used by CGC Design in a variety of different ways. The cookies set will depend on the features that are enabled on the website. The cookies are only set when a user interacts with one of these, or to allow admin functions to be performed in the online sales.
- Cookies have a maximum life of 347 days, but cookies will not be saved if you are in Incognito in Chrome or Private in Safari and Firefox.
- More details can be requested from email@example.com
- Click here for more information on Incognito.
Our Links Disclaimer
- All links made available are provided as a convenience to our users. We do not have control, exercise no responsibility and make no representations regarding the accuracy or any other aspect of the content/information found or used on visiting any of third party website. The provision of a link to a third party website should not be considered as an express or an implied endorsement of any content/information, products/services that may be available to you, or through, the third party.
Forms and Surveys
- We request information from users on our order forms. Users have to provide contact information (such as name and delivery address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiry date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfil customer orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- From time-to-time, our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user, therefore, has a choice whether or not to disclose any information requested. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and delivery address), and demographic information (such as postcode, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the functionality of the site.
- This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
- When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, as will be the case for most of the time that a user is browsing the web. On Chrome it will state secure on the address bar in green.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
- If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your postcode), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can usually be done on the personal profile page or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of changes
- If you register as a user of the website you will be asked for some basic information. Please note that registration is not required for all areas of the website, however, we do encourage you to register in order to gain full access to the website content/information and online services. There are technological and operational security systems in place that provide protection for personally identifiable information from loss or misuse.
- Where links are provided to other websites it should be noted that they are not and cannot be governed by our Privacy Statement. We cannot guarantee your privacy when you access other websites through any link provided on this website.